Friday, September 16, 2011

Unified Field Drawings

For my first unified field drawing, I used the vine soft charcoal. I really liked using this material because I could use a light shade then go over it with a little more pressure and would be much darker. This scanned a little darker then it actually came out. I could tell it'd be really easy to adjust the right shade with this in a future drawing. I also liked how it didn't get all over my hands like the compressed charcoal did.

My second exploration of materials was using the graphite 4B pencil. I did the continuous line exercise, with two different sets of lines. I didn't really care for this material that much, it was like using a regular pencil, however, I know using this, I could definitely get in fine lines and detail well.

Lastly, I chose to show a page I used soft compressed charcoal on. I had a lot of fun with this one, although my hands were covered after! After examining it, it reminded me of an under water image, with the waves on top and seaweed type figures. The semi-circles also create a sense of movement, especially how they overlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment